Thursday, March 05, 2009

Keeping your cool while driving

This is something that I always had in my mind, how to keep your composure ( or cool in another word ) while you are driving.I am pretty clear that we all have come across situations where you totally get frustrated while driving with those totally out of mind drivers.The "frustration" is not the ideal word to show you how badly you felt it, "p..... off" is the right phrase I feel.Sorry for being very offensive.

Who are the notorious drivers in our country? Number one is the bus drivers, and two , 3 wheeler drivers and at last but not the least, motorcyclists in my opinion. Out of those, bus drivers are the most insane.Totally out mind , bunch of idiots who has taken the responsibility of taking commuters to their destination.Who would have wanted to be on board with such a stupid in control.

I know for sure that you don't need any examples of how they drive on the road.

So the question is how you keep your cool while driving.Following are the things I have tried out to keep my stress level to a minimum.In a way it worked really well for me.

  • Don't ever try to retaliate if the driver in front of you do something stupid while you are driving.That is the cardinal mistake you could have done.I know your adrenalin is pumping and you are furious to over take that bugger and learn a lesson to him.By doing this you will be putting yourself in greater danger, because you are not focusing on your driving and you are just thinking about learning a lesson to that idiot.I have experienced that and I know how was it like.
  • Let pedestrians to cross over when ever you have the chance to do so.That will really cool you down for a few seconds and let you gather your breath.That doesn't mean that you have to do it all the time.But I have few situations where you can , let them go by.
            • if you are not in that much of a hurry just put on breaks and let them cross.
            • if there is a long queue behind you then just stop and let them cross, because they (pedestrians) don't have to wait for a long time to cross.Otherwise just keep on going because they can cross after you pass the crossing.
  • Don't ever be restless while you are driving.I know you are in a hurry to go to office or any other work then you are trying to over take others.Then of course you in hot seat.So be patient and take you time to over take.
  • Never ever try to overtake at bends.I have done so couple of times and avoided some close shaves.
  • Try to avoid honking your horn like a crazy.I know for sure you have experienced the driver behind you is honking like a crazy, no need to explain what is your feeling at that time.So it is the same feeling the driver in front of you get if you do the same.So try to use it less and see.Of course you have to use your horn in situations where you have to let the others know about your presence.

I know, you readers also have different styles of driving.And I would like to know about those and reactions to what I have mentioned here.

No comments: