Sunday, November 14, 2010

2010 Formula 1 world champion decider at Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi


What a cracking finale it will turn out to be in just a little less than 5 hours from the time I am writing this post, after the yesterday’s qualifying session at Yas Marina circuit.Theoretically all the top 4 driver’s  has a chance to become the champion but I will put this as any one of them can lose it easily.

The table bellow will show you how tight the championship race can be as the current standings.

Pos Driver Nationality Team Points
1
Fernando Alonso Spanish Ferrari 246
2 Mark Webber Australian RBR-Renault 238
3 Sebastian Vettel German RBR-Renault 231
4 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 222

Sebastian Vettel scripted it perfectly at yesterday’s qualifying session by securing the pole position while his team mate Mark Webber had a worst qualifying which he managed only the 5th place in the grid.Lewis Hamilton and current championship leader Fernando Alonso secured the 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
Unless something dramatic happen the stage has been set perfectly for the Fernando Alonso to take his 3rd championship title.
There will be lot of pressure on him and he can be a hero or a zero in a matter of milliseconds.And there are so many permutations on who going to be the champion by judging the current standings.Believe me, I don’t even thinking about those combinations right now.
I can’t wait to see the start of the race and first turn of the circuit where drivers at front rows will be itching to go pass each other and take the advantage.
Since I am a Ferrari fan, my money is on two times championed Fernando Alonso but you never know, I will keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: